Rolls-Royce to showcase mtu hybrid engine and digital technology for connected systems at the 2018 International WorkBoat Show
Posted on November 28, 2018
mtu 16V 4000 diesel and gas engine technology on display - New digital applications - mtu Go! Manage and mtu Go! Act - for digitally connected systems
The joint mtu and Rolls-Royce exhibition stand (Booth no. 2601) will showcase an mtu 16V 4000 half diesel, half gas display engine - illustrating two of the available Tier 4 engine technologies mtu will be offering beginning in 2019. Also on display will be the Blue Vision New Generation control system, which features integrated start-stop control, standard shipyard interface and standard color displays. The straightforward system installs with ease using simple harnessing.
Digital Solutions: mtu Go! Manage and mtu Go! Act
mtu Go! Manage and mtu Go! Act are digital applications developed by the new Rolls-Royce Power Systems Digital Solutions division, which in partnership with mtu's Customer Care Centers, aim to transform the company's approach to global customer service. These apps connect engine systems through data loggers, enabling mtu experts and customers to monitor the engines remotely, analyse operating data and determine recommended actions to improve the operation and long-term care of mtu products.
mtu's digital solutions are also key enablers for ValueCare Agreements- long term service agreements from mtu that are designed to help operators maximize system uptime and optimize lifecycle costs. Available in bronze, silver and gold service levels, mtu's ValueCare Agreements range from providing proactive parts availability to a full uptime guarantee.
Navigazione Laghi relies on digital customer support from mtu
The Italian lakes ferry service Navigazione Laghi has already had positive experience with the new digital tools from mtu. With a total of 97 boats providing services on Lake Garda, Lake Como and Lake Maggiore, Navigazione Laghi operates the largest fleet on Italian inland waterways and has around 100 mtu engines in service. "There are two aspects that make mtu Go! Manage extremely interesting for us," said Alessandro Acquafredda, General Director of Navigazione Laghi."Firstly, we have access to all the data relating to consumption and the engine's operating status reliably and near to real-time and, secondly, it can be analysed for preventive maintenance and troubleshooting purposes." The first boats are already equipped with data loggers, enabling mtu and Navigazione Laghi to jointly monitor the performance of the engines.
mtu Power in WorkBoat's 10 Significant Boats of 2018
mtu-power is well represented on this year's 'WorkBoat's 10 Significant Boats' list: the Seastreak Commodore, National Geographic Quest and the National Geographic Venture are all powered by mtu. Builders and designers of these mtu-powered vessels will be represented on the trade show's floor.
The Seastreak Commodore, the largest and fastest vessel in the Seastreak fleet is powered by four mtu 12V 4000 engines, together producing 7,274 hp. This ferry is operated by Seastreak LLC, designed by Incat Crowther (Booth no. 1314) and built by Gulf Craft LLC.
The National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture expedition cruise vessels, which cruise coastal California; Baja, Calif.; Alaska; the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Panama and Belize, are powered by twin mtu 12V 4000 diesel engines, producing 1,600 hp each. These vessels are operated by Lindblad Expeditions, designed by Jensen Maritime Consultants and built by Nichols Brothers Boat Builders (Booth no. 1850).
Press photos are available for download from Press photos are available for download from www.rrpowersystems.com/press
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planet's vital power needs.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs around 10,000 people. The product portfolio includes mtu-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry. Under the mtu Onsite Energy brand, the company markets diesel gensets for emergency, base load and peak load applications as well as cogeneration plants using gas engines for the combined generation of heat and power. Bergen medium-speed engines power ships and power generation applications.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- Annual underlying revenue was $19.4* billion in 2017, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at $101.6* billion at the end of December 2017.
- In 2017, Rolls-Royce invested $1.8* billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centers, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- Rolls-Royce employs almost 55,000 people in 50 countries. Approximately 19,400 of these are engineers. The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2017 we recruited 313 graduates and 339 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes.
*Based on an exchange rate of $1.30.
For further information please contact:
MTU America Inc.
Phone: +1 248-560-8488
Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG
Phone: +49 7541 90-7740