Providing ever cleaner, safer and more competitive solutions is always on our mind – even when we're not at work.
Green Mining is not a fad. In order to meet the targets of the Paris Climate Agreement, the sector aims to reduce its carbon footprint to zero by 2050. That’s a tall order for mining companies, especially in light of their enormous operational energy demands. We offer a wide range of innovative carbon reduction solutions to support them on their path to net zero – both for stationary power supply as well as haul truck fleets.
For haul trucks, they cover everything from engine repowers to hybrid concepts, Power-to-X, fuel cell and fully electric solutions. Our stationary microgrid solutions optimally combine conventional power supply sources with battery storage and renewables. Whether mobile or stationary, mtu mining solutions keep emissions and energy costs to a minimum in optimally supporting companies on their path to net zero.
mtu solutions to reach net zero emissions
In fulfilling the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement, mining companies face a number of challenges, particularly with regard to reducing their CO2 footprint. Discover the path to net zero – with engine repowers, bi-fuel, hybrid concepts, 2nd generation biofuel engines, e-fuels and, in the not too distant future, hydrogen engines, fuel cells and even fully electric solutions.
Learn from the experts
Want to know more about our solutions for the path to net zero emissions? The following presentations provide in-depth information on how Mining companies can significantly lower emissions and energy costs.
Hybrid Haul Truck Concept:
Improve productivity and reduce emissions
- Recuperating energy with mining trucks
- Achieving decarbonization goals and fuel savings of up to 30%
- Minimizing the drawbacks of GHG-neutral fuels with battery-hybrid powertrains
Microgrids for Mines:
The conductor or the orchestra?
Which is more important?
- The importance of microgrid controllers within a microgrid
- Economic results and possible applications to reduce energy costs
- How microgrids helped customers to significantly reduce different aspects of their energy costs (3 case studies)
What does Power-to-X mean?
- Ways in which Power-to-X and synthetic or e-fuels, also fuel cells can be used to fulfill emissions targets and how they will transform mining
- What the Power-to-X ecosystem is
- How we are preparing mtu engines for the new fuels
Higher performance, lower emissions
- Making mining trucks more productive
- Improving fleet operating costs with Tier 4 solutions
- Operating at high altitudes without power derate
Underground Mining Solutions
Higher performance, lower emissions
- The history of mtu underground mining solutions Series 900, Series 1000-1500
- Emission reduction solutions for underground mining
- Potential future technology solutions such as FuelCell and Hydrogen
mtu Solutions to reach net zero emissions
Discover the path to net zero – with engine repowering, idle management, bi-fuel, hybrid concepts, 2nd generation biofuel engines, e-fuels, even fully electric solutions.
Hybrid Haul Truck Concept
mtu EnergyPacks, engine downsizing and sustainable fuels can substantially increase haul truck fuel and emissions efficiency. How? Have a look at the animation.
Haul trucks equipped with an mtu Series 4000 can increase productivity, lower operating costs and meet Tier 4 emissions standards without any aftertreatment. See why.
Fuel Cells and the Quest for Green Power
Apart from renewable energy sources such as sustainable fuels and battery storage systems, fuel cells offer a variety of advantages all their own, as the following article points out.
“There’s simply no alternative to the Paris Climate Agreement”
In a recent interview, Professor Hans-Otto Pörtner, member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, stresses the importance of quick and far-reaching changes.
mtu @ MINExpo – a digital booth tour
Couldn’t make it to MINExpo? The following video provides a glimpse of the activities at our booth and an overview of key topics we highlighted this year. Have a look.
How to drift a haul truck
Reducing Emissions while Reducing Fuel Consumption with our SCR System
MTUs solution for Underground Mining in Modikwa Platinum Mine