ROLLS-ROYCE TO SHOWCASE LATEST PLEASURECRAFT INNOVATIONS ALONGSIDE mtu PREMIUM YACHT SERVICE AT 2017 YACHTS MIAMI BEACH
Posted on February 14, 2017
Rolls-Royce will highlight its mtu Series 2000 M96L pleasure craft engine, Joystick Control System and mtu Premium Yacht Service during Yachts Miami Beach, Feb. 16 – 20. The mtu booth will be located at entrance 3, slip 250 along Collins Ave. in Miami Beach.
- Exhibit to feature mtu 12V 2000 M96L yacht engine, intuitive Joystick Control System and global service and support program
NOVI, Mich. – Rolls-Royce will highlight its mtu Series 2000 M96L pleasure craft engine, Joystick Control System and mtu Premium Yacht Service during Yachts Miami Beach, Feb. 16 – 20. The mtu booth will be located at entrance 3, slip 250 along Collins Ave. in Miami Beach. The mtu brand is part of Rolls-Royce Power Systems.
Show attendees will have a chance to learn about mtu’s Premium Yacht Service suite of dedicated service and support offerings including a best-in-class, fully transferable Extended Propulsion Coverage (EPC), to ensure optimal performance and reliability on the water and protection beyond the standard warranty. mtu also offers complimentary re-commissioning of the engines for the first retail purchaser, which allows the owner or captain an opportunity for product familiarization on board the vessel, provided by the local authorized distributor.
During the show, mtu will also offer a special discount on EPC packages. Full details will be available during the show from booth staff members.
The reliable and efficient mtu Series 2000 M96L offers enhanced acceleration, quiet operation and low fuel consumption for pleasure craft and sportfishing yachts. The 12-cylinder configuration made its U.S. debut in 2015 and offers power ratings from 1700 bhp to 1920 bhp. The 16-cylinder configuration offers power ratings from 2186 bhp to 2600 bhp. The newest edition to the lineup is the 10-cylinder configuration which offers power ratings from 1,361 to 1,600 bhp. All three variants meet the requirements of the EPA Tier 3 emissions standard for recreational craft.
mtu will also present its control and monitoring system, Blue Vision New Generation (BVNG) which features integrated start-stop control, standard shipyard interface and standard color displays. The straightforward system installs with ease through the use of simple harnessing.
mtu’s Joystick System is a fully integrated option of BVNG. It’s designed especially for the pleasure craft market and offers:
- Intuitive maneuverability – complex maneuvers are made more convenient by automatically and cleverly managing all the propulsion and thruster systems.
- Thruster compatibility – wide range of electronic or hydraulic OEM supplied thruster units; proportional control capability; joystick operating mode for thruster only control.
- Station Hold – automatically holds both position and heading with a sophisticated GPS-based system.
- Heading Hold – New Joystick operating mode which maintains vessel heading while allowing the vessel to drift naturally – ideal for kite fishing use.