Rolls-Royce Power Systems appoints Otto Preiss to Management Board
Posted on April 22, 2020
- International executive to join Management Board as COO on 1 May
Rolls-Royce Power Systems is expanding its Management Board: On 1 May 2020, the Supervisory Board appoints Otto Preiss as Chief Operating Officer (COO) to the Management Board.
In the course of a professional career spanning over 30 years at power and automation specialist ABB, Preiss has accumulated wide-ranging experience in various global leadership positions. Most recently he was Group Senior Vice President, acting in the role of Chief Operating Officer Digital, and prior to that headed up ABB's global Motors and Generators division. Other global ABB businesses for which Preiss has assumed responsibility include corporate R&D into Power Technologies and the Swiss Corporate Research Center. After graduating in electrical engineering at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, Preiss went on to achieve a Master’s degree in computer science at the University of Colorado, following which he earned his doctorate at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne.
“The new corporate position we have created will enable us to drive the transformation of our business in an even more focused way,” said Axel Arendt, Chairman of the Supervisory Board at Rolls-Royce Power Systems. “With his electrical engineering and IT expertise, and as a highly experienced international executive, Otto Preiss is ideally equipped for the task.”
Andreas Schell, CEO of Rolls-Royce Power Systems, is looking forward to working with Preiss: “I'm delighted to have Otto Preiss on board, from whose expert support we will benefit greatly as we press on with implementing our strategy and mastering the challenges that lie ahead.”
Press photos are available for download from www.rrpowersystems.com/press
Read more about Rolls-Royce power generation based on medium-speed engines at
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver clean, safe and competitive solutions to meet our planet’s vital power needs.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs more than 10,000 people. The product portfolio includes mtu-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry as well as diesel and gas systems and battery containers for mission critical, standby and continuous power, combined generation of heat and power, and microgrids. Medium-speed engines from Bergen power ships and power generation applications.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- Annual underlying revenue was £15.3 billion in 2019, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services.
- In 2019, Rolls-Royce invested £1.45 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 29 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills.