Join the Journey to Net Zero
Recorded live at our 2022 Power Generation Symposium in Friedrichshafen, Germany, our exclusive breakout sessions are now available for on demand viewing.
Whether you are interested in alternative fuels for internal combustion engines or green hydrogen powered fuel cells or something in between, you will find sessions that will be educational and inspire curiosity about the journey ahead.
FUEL FLEXIBILITY: INCREASING THE SUSTAINABILITY OF INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES
How traditional gensets are “going green” with sustainable fuels
In this session Michael Wagner, Director of Stationary Product & Solutions Management for the Power Systems division of Rolls-Royce, explores various types of sustainable fuels such as HVO, GTL, methanol and H2, and their effective use in Rolls-Royce’s broad portfolio of mtu power generation solutions.
- Understanding various renewable fuels and what makes each option sustainable
- Overview of mtu solutions from Rolls-Royce approved for use with renewable fuels
- Considerations for using sustainable fuels in various applications
FUTURE-READY ENERGY SOLUTIONS FOR DATA CENTERS
How data centers can reduce their carbon footprint without compromising reliability
Data centers are complex operations. Not only must they meet high demands in terms of reliability, rapid operational readiness, and future-proof expandability, but they must also do so in ways that are increasingly carbon-neutral. In this session Dario Schilling, Senior Manager of Direct Sales EMEA for the Power Systems division of Rolls-Royce, discusses solutions to help data centers address their carbon footprint, from aftertreatment and sustainable fuels for internal combustion engines to battery storage and fuel cells.
- Review use of renewable fuels in internal combustion engines for mission critical standby power applications
- Introduction of future technology, such as hydrogen fuel cells, for mission critical standby power
- Exploration of the role microgrids and battery storage can play for data centers
EMISSIONS REDUCTION: MEETING REQUIREMENTS FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW
How to ensure your power generation solutions are future-ready
In this session Dr. Behzad Nazari, Director of Emissions Reduction Technologies at the Power Systems division of Rolls-Royce, looks at the various emissions regulations around the globe and considers future-ready solutions for achieving them.
- Understanding internal emissions control technologies such as synthetic fuels
- Understanding external emissions control technologies such as exhaust gas aftertreatment
- Overview of emissions regulations and how they apply to specific power generation scenarios
- Guidance on how to find the best solutions for your specific emissions requirements
OUR SUSTAINABILITY JOURNEY: EXPANDING THE SERIES 4000L64 FROM NATURAL GAS TO BIOGAS & H2
How the sustainably-fueled mtu Series 4000L64 enables your journey to Net Zero
Alternative fuels play a major role in the journey to Net Zero. The mtu Series 4000 L64 is not only capable of hydrogen blending, but can also run on biogas. In this session Norbert Maier, Business Development Manager for the Power System division of Rolls-Royce, and Dr. Christoph Heinz, Senior Manager of Engineering Power Generation Gas Engines, discuss the advantages of this powerful genset and how it can help enable your journey toward sustainability.
- Introduction to the mtu Series 4000 L64 gas engine for continuous power generation
- Overview of available configurations and associated requirements for running on biogas
- Understanding the environmental benefits of running on biogas
THE POWER OF KINETIC ENERGY FOR UNINTERRUPTED RELIABILITY
How to achieve reliable, instantaneous, high power quality without batteries
In this session Christoph Webinger and Bernard Hanssens introduce the basic principles of a Dynamic UPS (DUPS) system and the key benefits of rotary technology. Using real-life installations from around the world, they present specific scenarios where mtu Kinetic PowerPacks are used to protect critical logistics, sensitive manufacturing, and mission critical operations.
- Basic understanding of how a rotary DUPS works
- Overview of DUPS technology features and benefits
- Advantages of DUPS solutions compared to battery-powered static UPS Examples of successful installations around the globe
HYDROGEN: THE FUEL OF THE FUTURE
How hydrogen can enable a CO2-neutral future
In this session Armin Fürderer, Director of Hydrogen Solutions for the Power Systems division of Rolls-Royce, focuses on the industry’s favorite fuel topic: hydrogen. Aside from hydrogen blending with natural gas, hydrogen-powered fuel cells will also play a role in the future energy landscape. Rolls-Royce already has tangible experience in this area, from building hydrogen test benches to launching a hydrogen demonstrator at our validation center to commissioning our first pilot hydrogen installation.
- Understanding the potential for hydrogen as a sustainable fuel in power generation applications
- Exploring different hydrogen production techniques and the various "colors" of hydrogen
- Overview of real-life hydrogen projects at Rolls-Royce, including fuel cell technology
COMPLEX SOLUTIONS FOR COMPLEX REQUIREMENTS
What to do when a standard solution doesn’t fit
In this session Alexander Patt, Director of Product Engineering & Execution EMEA at Rolls-Royce’s Power Systems division, explores how complex system designs are developed to meet the most challenging project requirements. He also explains how project management and engineering experts from Rolls-Royce describe the process for breaking down complex problems into solvable solutions to meet your power demands.
- Learning how to identify common project challenges
- Understanding what options are available for resolving unique challenges
- Considerations for how to identify the most effective solution
INTELLIGENT CONTROLS: THE HEART OF ANY DISTRIBUTED ENERGY SYSTEM
Why intelligent controls are essential for the new energy landscape
In this presentation Jan Henker, Senior Expert on Automation & Controls for the Power Systems division of Rolls-Royce, and Dr. Dominic Buchstaller, Director of Electric & Electronic Systems, introduce our new control platform EnergetIQ and explore the importance of intelligent controls in effectively managing distributed energy resources to create a high-performing system. Watch this presentation to learn why intelligent controls are crucial for designing, optimizing and integrating a distributed energy system such as a microgrid.
- Understanding the importance of a smart, powerful controller to effectively manage distributed energy resources
- Explanation of the key controller functions needed to create a high-performing system
- Exploration of the controller’s role in designing, optimizing and integrating complex power generation systems such as a microgrid
COMPLETE LIFECYCLE SUPPORT FOR LASTING VALUE
How preventive maintenance keeps uptime high and total cost of ownership low
In this presentation Christian Werner and Daniel Speier take a close look at how preventive maintenance optimization reduces the risk of downtime and total cost of ownership. Based on the unique operating cycles of power generation equipment – both standby and continuous – this session explains how to extend equipment life, reduce the risk of equipment failure, increase uptime and achieve the lowest possible total cost of ownership.
- Understanding the benefits of preventative maintenance to mitigate owner/operator risk
- Identifying upgrade options for maximum equipment efficiency and modernization
- Explaining the role of lifecycle calculations when considering project-specific parameters
- Reviewing examples of successful projects with preventative maintenance contracts
Form submission unsuccessful due to an error. Please try again later.