Rolls-Royce celebrates production of 1,000th mtu engine from MTU Yuchai Power
Posted on May 25, 2022
MTU Yuchai Power Company Ltd, a joint venture between Rolls-Royce plc and Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Group Co Ltd, recently celebrated a major milestone as the 1,000th mtu Series 4000 engine rolled off the production line at the factory in Yulin.
Qiwei Wu, President of Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Group, said: “Six years ago, Rolls-Royce decided to cooperate with Yuchai and located the joint venture company at Yuchai’s headquarters, which further underlined Yuchai’s character and its path of internationalisation. Practice has proven that MTU Yuchai Power can not only produce mtu Series 4000 engines with high standards, but also develop the market and win great trust from customers. With the strengthening of local production of mtu Series 4000 engines, the competitiveness of the products has been continuously improved. Today, MTU Yuchai Power Company has achieved the production of 1,000 engines in five years, which is remarkable. I wish MTU Yuchai Power Company will continue to make persistent efforts to achieve higher goals.”
Andreas Schell, CEO of Rolls-Royce Power Systems, said: “There is a German saying that you only really master something when you have repeated it a thousand times. Now MTU Yuchai Power Company has completed its 1,000th engine within its state-of-the-art factory. This is a reason for the employees of MTU Yuchai Power Company to celebrate and be proud of what they have achieved.”
Eugenia Valente, President of Rolls-Royce Solutions Greater China, said: “Stay with your customers, listen to them. MTU Yuchai Power Company has always excelled in implementing our customer-centric business philosophy and has successfully earned the recognition of the local market with high-quality products and shorter delivery times. This milestone is clear proof of that. Let us celebrate it and be proud of the achievements made by the employees and management team of MTU Yuchai Power Company. Of course, 1,000 is not the end. On the contrary, it is the beginning of the journey to the next important milestone.”
MTU Yuchai Power Company Ltd., founded in February 2017, started production in April of the following year. The joint venture company uses the same production line, follows the same production process and quality standards as Rolls-Royce’s mtu plants in Germany, and produces high-quality, high-speed, high-performance mtu Series 4000 engines at the highest technical level worldwide.
mtu Series 4000 engines from Rolls-Royce have been used in applications including rail, marine and power generation, as well as in the oil and gas industry, since their launch in 1996. The alliance between Rolls-Royce and Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Group will further strengthen the engines’ competitiveness in the Chinese market, shorten delivery times, avoid exchange rate risks and increase customer satisfaction.
The production of the 1,000th mtu Series 4000 engine by MTU Yuchai Power Company is an important step in Rolls-Royce’s localization strategy in the Chinese market. Rolls-Royce will continue to promote the combination of advanced global concepts and local manufacturing in China, serve Chinese customers with more competitive products and optimized system solutions, and support the Chinese economy with German quality.
Press photos are available for download fromhttps://www.mtu-solutions.com/eu/en/news-and-media/media-center.html
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matters to connect, power and protect society. We have pledged to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions in our operations by 2030 (excluding product testing) and joined the UN Race to Zero campaign in 2020, affirming our ambition to play a fundamental role in enabling the sectors in which we operate achieve net zero carbon by 2050.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs around 9,000 people. The product portfolio includes mtu-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry as well as diesel and gas systems and battery containers for mission critical, standby and continuous power, combined generation of heat and power, and microgrids and is intensively engaged in the development of climate-neutral solutions.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces and navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
- Annual underlying revenue was £10.95 billion in 2021, underlying operating profit was £414m and we invested £1.18 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 28 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
- Rolls-Royce Holdings plc is a publicly traded company (LSE:RR., ADR: RYCEY, LEI: 213800EC7997ZBLZJH69).