Dennis Schwarz from Rolls-Royce Power Systems is one of the best apprentices in Germany
Posted on May 25, 2023
- Best specialist for protection and security
- Federal Minister of Labour Hubertus Heil gave the keynote speech at the award ceremony in Berlin
- Application phase for the start of training in 2024 is underway
Dennis Schwarz from the Rolls-Royce´s business unit Power Systems in Friedrichshafen has completed his training as a specialist for protection and security 2022 as the best in Germany. Together with 215 other apprentices, he was honoured in Berlin by the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) at the national award ceremony for the best. Federal Minister of Labour Hubertus Heil congratulated the top apprentices in his speech. "It was always my goal to complete my training with super grades," said Dennis Schwarz. "I would never have dreamed that it actually worked out so well and that I was allowed to go to Berlin."
Dennis Schwarz's training path is no ordinary one. Before he started his apprenticeship at Rolls-Royce Power Systems in October 2019, he had already completed an apprenticeship as a construction mechanic and worked in this profession for several years. "After about ten years, it was time for a change," said Dennis Schwarz. "When I found out about the training to become a protection and security specialist, I knew: this is mine. The job is super fun and varied. We have a lot to do with people and knowledge about topics like fire protection, security technology or legal basics. Every day is different and that's what makes this job so exciting." Since graduating, he has been working in the safety centre at Rolls-Royce Power Systems.
Dennis Schwarz completed most of his training during the Corona pandemic. Home office, shift work and family life were not always easy to reconcile for the father of two. Despite these challenges, being honoured as one of Germany's best apprentices is also something Thelse Godewerth, Chief People Officer and Labour Director of Rolls-Royce Power Systems finds remarkable: " Dennis Schwarz is an impressive personality with a desire to progress and learn. His performance is impressive and we are very proud to have such a dedicated and reliable colleague at Rolls-Royce Power Systems. At the same time, the award for Dennis Schwarz is also an award for us as a training company," said Thelse Godewerth.
Rolls-Royce Power Systems also offers numerous training and study places for the start of training in 2024. In addition to training as a mechatronics technician, warehouse specialist, protection and safety specialist or various courses of study such as mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, many other training opportunities are offered. Interested parties can find the current vacancies on the Rolls-Royce Power Systems website at www.mtu-solutions.com.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Rolls-Royce develops and delivers complex power and propulsion solutions for safety-critical applications in the air, at sea and on land. Our products and service packages enable our customers to connect people, societies, cultures and economies together; they meet the growing need for power generation across multiple industries; and enable governments to equip their armed forces with the power required to protect their citizens.
- Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 150 countries, comprising more than 400 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces and navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers. To meet customer demand for more sustainable solutions, we are committed to making our products compatible with net zero carbon emissions.
- Annual underlying revenue was £12.69bn in 2022 and underlying operating profit was £652m.
- Rolls-Royce Holdings plc is a publicly traded company (LSE: RR., ADR: RYCEY, LEI: 213800EC7997ZBLZJH69)
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs more than 9,500 people. The product portfolio includes mtu-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry as well as diesel and gas systems and battery containers for missioncritical, standby and continuous power, combined generation of heat and power, and microgrids and is intensively engaged in the development of climate-neutral solutions.